Monday, August 20, 2012

Old Game, Old Team, New Fan

"Better Late Than Never"

That old cliche always implies on everything, this time for me, it applies to appreciating one of the greatest sport the world had seen.

I had eaten my own words too, for I love basketball so much that I thought and said I will never love any other sports other than it, but I was wrong.

So it's basically thanks to the current job that I have right now that I've been introduced to International Football, especially European Football. It's thanks to the Euro 2012 that I've managed to see some games. It's thanks to Clear Shampoo that I had finally known a football player, yes, it's thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo, I love football now.

It might have been a little late, but I know I can always catch up. Just watching videos of his amazing goals and plays, reading everything about him and his current team Real Madrid, checking some comments from Madridista too, was more than enough for me to see how great he is.

I even think I need not to watch any other amazing players that were known today, Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas and the Real Madrid was just enough.

I don't know much yet, not as much as I am familiar with basketball, but it won't stop me from appreciating and loving the game.

I personally want to thank Cristiano Ronaldo for that. Hope he continue to do what he does and just be himself in the process. I want to thank Real Madrid, they're an awesome team and I'm looking forward to enjoying their matches.

Hala Madrid!

Side Note: Real Madrid v Valencia 1-1

So this is my official La Liga game of Real Madrid and sad that it had to end on a draw. I'm not sure about the tactical story of it but I do know that possessions and opportunities are mostly on Real's side, evidence to their superiority on that match. But Valencia team played so well. The first half was scary when I saw Pepe and Iker Casillas collide and was down on the ground for some time. Earlier to that, Sergio Ramos also had a small cut in the forehead when a foot hit his face. The one goal by Higuain was so awesome! Three tries and it finally went it on the last one! Upon reading the post game comments, just hope that Pepe will be fine, his injury seems so dangerous. Also there's a lot of optimism from all Madrid players as well so that's just very good. Sad that I didn't see Kaka on the game though and it seems like he really is going to be moved out of Real. Just sad.

Saw Barcelona's game too. And Messi scored 2 goals! Yeah I've heard, watched and believed Messi was actually the best. I won't have to disagree but being a Ronaldo and Madrid fan, after the game, the feeling just sucks! Hahaha, but I'm no hater. At least I'm watching great games as well.

Hope you guys welcome me to the football world!

Photo from Real Madrid Facebook Page  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150313378074953.66684.19034719952&type=1





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate