Thursday, September 20, 2012

UCL Real Madrid 3-2 Manchester City

September 19, 2012 - 2:45 am Philippine Time

Was not able to see the game live on TV because of work, was checking live score updates though on some sites and wasn't good at first. Was not good technically because twice, Man City took the lead. They were up 2-1 in the 85th minute. Was working and I have someone over the phone and just as Man City took that lead, I really don't want to speak anymore. I was sad, knowing Real Madrid will have another defeat. And really, that's what I thought. But fortunately for me, they proved me wrong. During the last 5 minutes of the game, Benzema scored a goal to equalize! I said, "yes! draw was not bad at all now!". But Cristiano Ronaldo had something better in mind, he scored the winning goal in the 90th minute! I just can't stop smiling! Fulltime and Real Madrid took 3 points in their Group of Death in their first game vs Man City.

Checking the stats during the game, the Whites had really dominate, taking most of the possessions and attempting a lot of shots too. Cristiano Ronaldo actually had 10 attempts. with 3 on target. 2 of it was save by Hart. Even the likes of Marcelo, Higuain had some good attempts too but Hart was there to save Man City. It was a shocker when Man City took the first lead at 68th minute. Good thing Marcelo scored too. Watch the replay of the game after work, and I'm just too glad. It was indeed a good game by Real Madrid. Okay, it might not still be perfect, but this win, I'll take it.

The one that I love the most though was of course, Cristiano Ronaldo's game winner and his goal celebration! Hahaha how I miss seeing that! and what's more to it was when Jose Mourinho do exactly the same getting out of the Real dugout. That- was priceless for Real Madrid fans like me.

A lot had been said (as expected), but I don't care. I'm thankful with the win. And I hope this will somewhat bring the confidence back to them on to their next game in La Liga.

I actually had a blog, out of sadness, after that game against Sevilla, but wasn't able to post it and really finish it. Here it is;

"I can't technically think of any appropriate title for my this blog. After Real Madrid losing to Sevilla with 0-1, after me failing to watch it, all I'm feeling right now is heartache. Okay, that must have been too exaggerated, but...you see, it feels terrible. There's a lot of expectations to our team, we are just way out from behind of Barcelona, after them just winning against Getafe- the team that beat Real Madrid on the league's first week, after them winning with their main man Messi coming off the bench, played 30 minutes and managed to score 2 goals, after the controversy surrounding Cristiano Ronaldo, it was all upsetting. I was so upset I don't want to see whatever the press and haters have to say. How I'm sure their having the best days of their life, saying something about Ronaldo. Even if I didn't see the game, I'm sure Ronaldo was sad, he always was especially if he's disappointed with himself. I'm quite certain he's sad (again perhaps)
because he failed, the team failed to get that 3 points. That just make me sad. The teasing of some Barca fans at work nor Ronaldo's haters don't upset me, what they have to say don't matter (sorry), the feeling though that Real Madrid were upset too, is something that I'm feeling too. But I know, it's still a long way to go. It is, I'm not sure yet how they can recover but they're one of the best team, they know it. Me, yeah I'll always include them still in my prayers, always."


That feeling though was long gone after this 100 UCL win of Real Madrid and Ronaldo's 151st goal in 151 RM appearances. And I can't wait now to see them again...

Post notes;

I love Cristiano Ronaldo's interview after the game. He said " "Everybody has the right to be sad," he said. "Have you never been unhappy? I also have the right to feel that way, it is normal. Tonight it is important that people are happy, the fans and not only the team. The team won, we are good, we began the Champions League well, nothing else is important. [But] I am not sorry for what I said." - he is what we call in the Philippines, "prangka".. LOL and I love him for being like that.

There's this issue too of Iker Casillas not celebrating Ronaldo's goal.



I'm pretty sure Casillas have his reasons. I read that it was because a fan of him died and he didn't celebrate any of the goals scored by Real Madrid (and this was posted on his Official Facebook Account too). We feel for Iker for that lost and prayers for the family of that said fan.

Speaking of celebrations though, how about Ronaldo and Mourino's celebration???


and all the others (including tennis star Rafael Nadal!!!)







How I missed all of these. :)

Salud Madridista!!! Hala Madrid!!!


Photocredit to RMadridgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate