Monday, September 3, 2012

Real Madrid vs Granada - CR7 With A Brace

September 3, 2012 4:30 am Monday Philippine Time

After claiming the Super Cup Trophy, Real Madrid showed they were back on track after getting their first three points for La Liga against Granada. Cristiano Ronaldo led the Whites with two goals and Higuain added another one for a 3-0 win in Santiago Bernabeu.

I thought the game the Whites played could have been better. They had dominate for most of the time and had more possessions with more chances especially when Modric starts for them and was able to create some good plays but it didn't really look as though they were back in their old form. Some noticed it and I just have to agree. But still they were able to pull up a win especially when Ronaldo scored his 149th and 150 goal for Real Madrid in 149 appearances. That was some feat and I just have to be more than glad for him. He first scored off a pass of Callejon and even though he was at a very tight angle near the post and a defender in front of him, he was able to pull up a shot that went between the legs of the Granada goalkeeper. The second goal then came during the second half on the 53rd minute this time from a pass off Di Maria, Ronaldo's first shot was saved but he easily redeemed himself and follow-up the shot for a goal. However during the 60th minute, Cristiano received a foul from Granada player Borja Gomez, getting his second yellow card to be sent out of the game. Ronaldo was wincing in pain after this. He was able to stand up, then after another shot that went just wide, he was subbed off by Higuain. As I have read, that was probably the earliest Cristiano was subbed off during a league game and only his 10th overall in 104 La Liga appearances. It was something that made me worried and can only hope he'll be okay. Even during the game when he was being shown at the match box, he's still wincing in pain.

I am happy though for this as finally, I had been seeing Ronaldo scores some goals, but one thing I did notice after this (and even with Ronaldo's past two goals against Barca), I wasn't seeing the Ronaldo who usually celebrates so much with his goals, running around, yelling, meeting his teammates with joy and all that. And I thought, Ronaldo probably was just a changed man. I am so wrong. After the game and when he talked to the press, he was asked (since they have noticed too) why he wasn't celebrating his goals. He answered "maybe it's because I'm a little upset, I am sad when I don't celebrate my goals". He also said it wasn't because of Iniesta winning the UEFA Best Player saying that there are more important things than that, and also said "the people at the club knows why" and had begged to say anything more.

This had just made me sad. Speculations then came from press from Spain and some more, saying a lot of things, putting words in Ronaldo's mouth about why he had been upset with the club. Even saw some tweets that Ronaldo want to leave Real Madrid and had talked to the club president. The good thing was Ronaldo didn't say anything else about this. He had express his emotions, he was happy with his 150th goal feat, he was more than happy to have helped the team won, because for him, that's the most important thing, he didn't say why he is upset, but he didn't also say all the other things they think he said, and for that I am more feeling safe. I know in my heart Ronaldo loved Real Madrid. And he's going to do everything still for the team. I will have faith on him with this. But I hope more than ever that he'll not be sad and upset anymore. I hope to see his goal celebrations again. I hope to see him happy again.

There's going to be an international game for him for Portugal and though he was hurt on this game, he's still going to play for the national team, saying that it is important and he want to help the team. I'm looking forward to that.

Here's the Real Madrid vs Granada 3-0 Goals and Cristiano Ronaldo's simple celebration;


Here's the interview on Cristiano Ronaldo after the game;



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate